Your privacy is very important to us. You entrust us with sensitive financial information, and we take that responsibility seriously.
This policy was created on 30th June 2015. It may be updated in the future and we’ll post the new version here on our website. We will never deviate from our overall philosophy of maintaining your privacy.
This policy explains how we collect, store and use personal data about you when you use Albert.
Albert is a service created by HQ Mobile Ltd. When we say Albert, we mean any medium and service by HQ Mobile Ltd, which can be the mobile application, the website (www.hqtheapp.com or any soon to be published new Albert domain name), emails or written communication.
By visiting, logging into, registering or using Albert, you agree that it's okay for us to collect, use and transfer your information (including your personal data) under the terms of this policy. If you're not cool with this or don't want to be bound by this policy any longer, please do not continue to use or enter your details with Albert (by free trial or later any paid subscription).
When we say your "personal data," we mean any information that identifies any person that you provide to us during your trial period, after you subscribe, or contained in any other information that you provide to us. Your "personal data" may also be contained in information that we collect about you in connection with your use of Albert. The financial data that you enter into Albert isn't part of the "personal data" discussed here, unless it identifies a person – for more information about your financial data, jump ahead to the next section. When it comes to your personal data, we comply with our respective obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act")
Information you provide – Your personal data includes the information you provide when you sign up for an account or sign up to receive our emails, or when you answer questionnaires, surveys, enter competitions or provide information in your account profile, on Albert, or during a support enquiry about you and/or your organisation.
Examples of this personal data include your name, your email address, contact and/or employee names; and any correspondence when you contact us.
Information we collect - We collect information about your website usage, to improve our service and to understand trends. Some of this data may be "personal data", where it identifies a person. Here's the information that we collect and how we use it:
- We monitor patterns of usage, such as login dates and volumes of data, so we can understand how people are using Albert to develop and improve our products.
- We also monitor patterns of usage so that we can tailor any communications that you have asked us to send you. For example, we may tailor your newsletter with information about product features that you haven't tried yet, instead of features that you use frequently.
- We monitor traffic information when you visit or use Albert or read our e-mails, including things like page visits, e-mail clicks, purchases, referring sites, and video viewings. We use this information to improve our website, promotions, and to understand customer purchasing behaviour.
Financial Data - it's yours, you own and control it.
In addition to your personal data, we will also hold financial data that you enter into Albert. Examples of your financial data include your organisation's invoices, and expenses.
You own all of the financial data you enter or upload into Albert, and have ultimate control over who has access to it. For example, if you want to give your accountant access to your financial data, you can share the Dropbox link that we share with you. Keep in mind, however, that with great power comes great responsibility -- it is your job to safeguard your pincode and account access.
How we use your personal data & financial data.
This section details how we use your personal data and your financial data.
Providing Albert - We use your personal data to enable us to provide you with access to Albert. It will also enable us to contact you by email, post, SMS, social media or telephone where necessary concerning Albert. Should you choose to use parts of Albert that involve providing your personal and/or financial data to third parties (for example, if you choose to give your accountant access to your data), then your personal and/or financial data will be shared in that way. We use third parties to assist us in providing Albert (such as generating PDF documents and storing your files in Dropbox), and in those cases pass on your personal and/or financial data to them. In such cases we will only share your data with third parties that we trust, and where there are assurances in place as to how they will protect the data.
Improving Albert - We will also use and analyse your personal data and financial data so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business, customer service and the features of Albert generally. We use third parties to assist us in providing Albert (such as generating PDF documents and storing your files in Dropbox), and in those cases pass on your personal and/or financial data to them. In such cases we will only share your data with third parties that we trust, and where there are assurances in place as to how they will protect the data.
Providing Insights - We monitor anonymous, aggregated information about account and financial data so that we can produce insights about small businesses finance. For example, based on an anonymous, aggregate data analysis, we may produce a white paper that reports how most small businesses are not paid on time. We may share these insights with customers, on our blog or other promotional material, use them internally to improve our product and communications, or share with other interested third parties. Just to be clear - we will never identify you or your business in such communications or white papers, and will never report data in such a way that your business could be identified.
Making Contact - We may use your personal data to contact you by email, post, SMS, social media and/or telephone to notify you about important changes or developments to Albert, or to let you know about our other Albert and/or third party services, content, or product ranges which may be of interest to you. We may also use your financial data to enable us to tailor these notifications (in order to make sure what we are sending you is relevant). By using Alert, you are consenting to this use of your data. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, that's no problem – just contact us using the details below. To stop receiving emails from Albert (for example, a reminder that your subscription is expiring), you should cancel your Albert account.
You can export your financial data anytime.
You can save your financial data whenever you like through the Dropbox folder that Albert provides.
This will include PDFs of your invoices and later expenses. We recommend that you use this to keep a backup of your financial data. While we regularly back up your financial data (see our security section), we can't restore backups on an individual basis. Check the support section on the Albert website to see how to save your data.
You can also ask us for a copy of your personal data that we hold (see "Your Rights" below).
You can delete your financial data at any time.
You have the option to delete all of your financial data at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com. After you delete your financial data, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems. Generally, we will retain your financial data and personal data for a reasonable period, or for as long as the law requires.
We highly recommend that you export your financial data before cancelling, since many countries (including the UK) require you retain your business records going back many years, even if you have finished trading.
We store your bank account details securely.
You have the option to store bank account details into Albert to be included on invoices.
We store this data securely and encrypted. We also ask each user to set a pincode which needs to be entered to access your account after the app is started.
You control sharing of personal data & financial data.
You have the option within your account to share your data with people that you trust - for example, you can share the Dropbox link with your accountant. We will not share your financial data with a third-party unless you authorise it.
When you visit or sign up to Albert, you authorise us to share your data (personal data and financial data) with others in certain circumstances:
- We will share your data as set out in this policy, for example in the section above called "How We Use Your Data".
- We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of Albert, where relevant, to maintain, improve and manage Albert, but this will not include your personal data.
- We may also disclose your data in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. We may also exchange other information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection.
- We may share your data with partners who help us carry out our day-to-day provision of Albert, or who help us improve Albert. Examples of these functions include e-mail, providing marketing assistance and data analysis, fulfilling orders and providing customer service. In these circumstances we will make sure that these partners have the right measures in place to protect your data.
- We provide the option to make your financial data compliant with requirements from authorities, and help as much as possible with the delivery of your data. It is your responsibility to ensure financial compliance and that your financial data is used or delivered to the right person (for example, accountant or invoice receiver). We do not have legal liability for financial data or tax compliance. We also do not have any legal liability for loss of income, business or profits due to incorrect entered financial data or not-sent and unshared data. All responsibilities towards the financial data lies with the end user.
- Finally, we reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement officials in the investigation of alleged unlawful activities of Albert users or relating to Albert users. We will have no legal liability for such disclosures of your information.
Albert may, from time-to-time, contain links to and from the websites or services of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites or services, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these services.
Your Data's Security
When you use Albert, you will enter information about your bank account(s) such as the sort code and account number. We include this data in the invoices. We are very aware that this information is sensitive and we are very careful about how we store it.
We partner with secure sites.
All data you provide to us is stored securely on our servers. Where we pass your data to third parties, we do so over a secure connection.
Your invoice most likely will include the bank account details (account number and sort code) that you have provided. These invoices (as PDF) will be shared by insecure email and will be stored in your unique Dropbox folder (which can only be accessed by people who know the link to the folder. We share this link with you only).
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a pincode which enables you to access certain parts of Albert, you are responsible for keeping this pincode confidential. We ask you not to share a pincode with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Albert; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- You can unsubscribe from our promotional email communications at any time by just clicking the unsubscribe link in any email, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an Albert account, you will still receive any essential e-mails from us about your service, including notifications from the application and notifications about your billing and subscription.
- You have the right to request a copy of personal data we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us or send us an email – just use the contact details below. We may charge you £10 for providing this information to cover our administration costs.
- To provide the highest level of customer service we need accurate customer information. You can help by informing us whenever your circumstances change. You can ask us to correct incorrect personal data about you by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
- You can find detailed information about your rights under UK Data Protection legislation on the UK Information Commissioner's website at ico.org.uk.
Changes to this policy.
We may edit this policy from time to time. Please check this policy regularly for any changes. We will post all changes here, and if we make any substantial changes we may also notify you by email.
For the purposes of the Act, the data controller is HQ Mobile Ltd. Should you wish to contact us in connection with this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.